Walk It Off!

Recently I have noticed an incline in the problems with my knees! So of course, the researcher that I am, the internet became a first resource. What happened was my findings on how walking can actually aid in so many ways...strengthening muscles, reducing stress, even helping with creativity!

So...my findings have given me the incentive to challenge myself to a short walk at least 4 or 5 days a week. I volunteer at a local thrift shop and walk there for hours...but it's not for relaxation! 

Here are a few of the benefits that I discovered during my research...

A walk outdoors can lift your spirits!
Revs up metabolism! Could mean that some extra pounds will diminish!
Daily exercise can actually add years to your life! And I'd really want to enjoy my grands for many years to come.
Walking means I save money on the gym membership! And my neighborhood has plenty of uphill paths!
Walking reduces stress!
And there are more...which you can find with a search on google!

So, if this sounds good to you, join me in a challenge to walk "outside" each day at least for 15 to 20 minutes! Enjoy the sunshine (with sunscreen) and the fresh air....no more couch potato for me!

Keep creating!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End Of Day

Caught In A Rut?

Intimidation