Add Text in a Unique Way!

Here's a new technique that I learned from an online site WetCanvas.com. Check it out if you're an artist...it's free! and the forums are filled with helpful information on all mediums!

This is an unfinished painting begun recently in a mixed media workshop. I demonstrated how to begin a painting with black gesso, aluminum foil and a brush but that demo is for a later date.

With a good background of acrylic paints, I covered the area with acrylic gel medium (matte) and then applied several torn pieces of paper from an old dictionary (thinner paper is best). Even an old phone book works well.

After applying the gel medium and papers, I used blue painters tape in strips over the paper. Allow to dry overnight. First I pulled off the tape which brought some of the paper with it. Then I spritzed with water and rubbed off the rest of the paper revealing the text and images below!

This is a close up of the effect...and I love it! Will be using this often in my mixed media work.

If you don't have any old books, check out the local thrift shops. 
That's what I'll be doing :*)

This is the work in progress. 16 x 20 Mixed Media on Canvas.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End Of Day

Caught In A Rut?

Intimidation