Distraction Substraction

Quite a tongue twister for a title! but what does it mean? How many distractions or what are the distractions that keep you from becoming the artist you are meant to be? This is just a list...not in any particular order! that I've found have often become more of a distraction in my life rather than an enhancement to my creative life. Recognize any in your own life?

1. Art Associations / Clubs / Societies

2. Social Life

3. Social Media

4. $$$ (shopping, etc.)

5. Errands

How do you know if something is a distraction? Can you live without it for a day, a week, a month! Taken in moderation all are good things but as a distraction from creating, any of these things can consume and drain!

I call the TV a "time thief"!

What can we do about distractions? Set goals for creating.... establish routines....and then  begin to say "no" to the "time thieves".

Let me know if some of my thought resonate with you! I enjoy hearing from my readers,

The Kim Sea Docked      Plein Air Pastel 10 x 8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End Of Day

Intimidation

Caught In A Rut?