Abstract Art

If you search the term "abstract art", you will find a vast assortment of sites that have information on the subject. Some will tell you one thing and another will say a totally different thing....so what then is abstract art...and can it actually be described in so many words. Personally, I think not!

Have I always painted in an abstract manner....not in the beginning. I tried really hard to represent my subject in a somewhat realistic detailed way. Following the advice of instructors, my work became more realistic but boring. Each year I had a "cleansing" of those boring paintings in an outdoor firepit! Then gradually as the fear of failure was silenced in my mind, abstracting the landscape in plein air settings, painting from ideas and allowing the work itself to make its own demands on my knowledge, experience and imagination, I began to enjoy the painting process more than ever.

Some sites that I enjoyed while considering abstract art are....

https://www.artistsnetwork.com/art-inspiration/what-is-abstract-art/

https://www.art-is-fun.com/abstract-paintings/

Check them out for yourself and consider how you approach painting....visually? mentally? emotionally? What does abstract art mean to you?

For me, it is finding out more about myself in every new painting....


"Catch A Falling Star"
24 x 24 Mixed Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End Of Day

Caught In A Rut?

Intimidation