"Get Down To Work!"

A quote that has stuck with me recently....

“If we let ourselves, we shall always be waiting for some distraction or other to end before we can really get down to our work. The only people who achieve much are those who want knowledge so badly that they seek it while the conditions are still unfavorable. Favorable conditions never come.” C.S. Lewis

I've thought about how to apply this to the challenge of being creative while the situation around you seems to be falling apart. "Just keep painting" seems to simple and "Just ignore the circumstance" is downright unrealistic. So what's the key? Lewis gives us a part of the key in his statement. "those who want knowledge so badly".....how badly do you want to become a better painter? How badly do you want to achieve your dreams? How badly do you want to step out of the box? I know everyone reading is thinking...yes! I want it!

Ah.....but then comes the second part of the key..."they seek it while the conditions are still unfavorable". Now that sounds a bit tough, doesn't it? Then I thought to myself...what are the options?
Times will change. Situations will get worked out. Problems will be resolved. In the meantime, how do I deal with the hurricane as it revolves around me. Stand firm in the center....paint as if there is no tomorrow....fuel my passion with emotions....and never quit!

Waiting for the conditions to change?
Keep creating!



Mandala
30 x 30 Mixed Media on Gallery Canvas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End Of Day

Caught In A Rut?

Intimidation