Time And Time Again....

I keep saying that I'm going to keep my blog friends updated on the happenings around the low country but often I get so caught up in life's changes that it's not easy to sit down at the computer! So for a quick update....

Last fall the old hospital building (my 1st Street Studio building) began to get refurbished as an apartment building. By November I knew my days were numbered there....no heat and often no electricity due to the rebuilding...gave me a good reason to make a tough decision about building my own "studio". By January I was busy moving into the new workshop located just out my "new" back door! In fact, I find that I'm still in the process of trying to fit all my art gear and paintings into the new building!! Will post some new pics when the rain stops!

And then, a group of artist friends called and asked if I was still interested in a cooperative effort in forming a new art gallery! For the next few months we worked on creating "ArtTrends Gallery" on St. Simons Island! Here's a few pics of the work in progress....





That's me in the stripe shirt along with a few of the other 8! We repainted in a single weekend without more than a couple of mishaps!! Couldn't have ask for a better group to be a part of! And here we are in front of the gallery on ribbon cutting day!

 
Yep, it's been a busy year already with a lot of excitement but I've still had time to keep the brushes wet with paint. Here's a recent "Memory of New Hampshire" 36 x 36 painting. Enjoy!
 
 

Comments

  1. Enjoyed seeing this, Carly. Hope I get to come see you sometime and the new gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

End Of Day

Intimidation

Caught In A Rut?