Workshop Gone Wild!

What a title for my first post to Abstract Color!

 Recently I took a workshop with Ken Elliott, who is a fabulous contemporary landscape painter from Colorado! After viewing his book featuring landscape paintings, I knew he would have much to teach me about abstracting the landscape. After a year of planning, Ken arrived on St Simon's Island ready to encourage and challenge six of us to stretch our wings and fly! Although I've had a love affair with color for many years, the depth of Ken's teaching brought out new ideas on how to achieve the colorful landscape that I wanted and to capture the essence of a scene without a lot of details.

This is one of the paintings from the workshop. 30 x 30 oil skyscape. It's featured at the Tannery Row Artist Colony "Perfect 10" show, honoring those artists who are presently at the Tannery and those who have previously held studios there during the past 10 years. If you're near Buford, GA, drop by. The show closes April 26th with a farewell reception.


Join me in studying more about "abstract color" in landscape painting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End Of Day

Intimidation

Caught In A Rut?