A Double Blessing!

A brief lapse from the thread on creativity! And yet, it still has a lot to do with creating!

This past week I drove to Corinth Mississippi to join another longtime artist friend, Barbara Curlee, in a two women show of art at the Corinth Art Guild Gallery. Two things are important about this event. One, Barbara was my first art instructor. She more or less coerced me into taking a summer workshop she was teaching which awakened my creative desire to paint! So this show was a long awaited goal that we talked about many years ago.

Barbara and Me


And two, this was my 50th year having graduated from Alcorn Central High School which is located about 15 miles from Corinth. Since I could not juggle the schedule to attend the reunion dinner planned for later this month, many of my classmates came to the show reception to visit with me and to see my artwork! What a blessing!


50 years later and still BFF's!

I am amazed and thankful how art brought all of us together for such a fun weekend....and this is just a few of the many friends whose memories I share!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End Of Day

Intimidation

Caught In A Rut?