Inspiration From A Garden

One of my favorite things to do each spring is visit the St Andrews Cemetery when the azaleas are in full bloom. Every pathway is filled with the lushness of pink and white azaleas and the dogwood blossoms twinkle in the early morning sunlight. A sense of calm drapes my shoulders like the spanish moss gently touching the branches and cascading to the ground.


In the past several days, I've been working on a new mixed media piece that complements two other paintings in the same genre. All three depict ladies hidden within a garden scene. While painting this week, I began to think about the spring gardens at St Andrews and drew inspiration from my time there.


The Scent Of A Garden
36 x 36 mixed media on gallery wrap canvas

On display at Blondie's, A Coffee Shoppe, Broad St, Darien GA
Grand opening on June 4th


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End Of Day

Caught In A Rut?

Intimidation